NYInfosec is owned and operated by Dr. Kees Leune. Dr. Leune has over a decade of hands-on experience in information security in a variety of roles. Starting out as an computer security incident handler, Leune worked as a security architect, during which time he worked on designing and implementing host-based and network-based intrusion prevention systems, security information event management platforms, and encryption platforms.
Dr. Leune has extensive experience in the role of chief information security officer, taking full responsibility for designing, implementing and directing the information security program for a medium-sized organization.
Leune holds several professional certifications:
- CISSP, Certified Information System Security Professional
- GSLC, GIAC Security Leadership Certification
- CISM, Certified Information Security Manager
- GCIH, GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- GCFA, GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst
- OSCP, Offensive Security Certified Professional